Turas understands the importance of your privacy and we’re committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and our statement outlines how we treat your personal data once it has been collected by any of the channels which we might use now or in the future.
The information that we collect
When you submit an enquiry or place a booking by email or by phone or use the online enquiry or payment forms, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or any other details that will assist Turas to craft your travel experience.
We might collect all or some of the information, below, which relates to you or your party:
- Title, Name, contact details including address, telephone number and email address;
- Credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
- Special requirements such as those relating to a disability or medical condition which could affect your chosen travel experience
- Dietary restrictions (which might reveal your religious beliefs).
The responsibility lies with you for ensuring that any other member of your travel group is made aware of the content of this Statement and consent to you acting on their behalf in each of your dealings with us.
Some of the information we might collect (for example about health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We gather this information, so we can cater for your needs or act in your interest. We are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your absolute consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How we will collect this information
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- On the purchase of a service from us;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- If you contact us by email, phone, letter or through our website
What we will do with it
- Your name, contact details and credit card details will be used to complete your booking with us.
- Your details will also be used to manage your booking and keep you updated with Turas news.
- To complete your booking, we might have to disclose relevant information to the providers of the services that make up your booking e.g. hotels, guides, transport providers. There is a chance that we might have to disclose certain information to third parties in relation to credit card processing or any other services.
- It is possible, that we might have to disclose your information, if required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
- We might need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
- We may disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf. These functions include administration, providing services, customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business, risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- Occasionally we will use data from your enquiry and any subsequent bookings to keep in touch with you and update you about any new travel services or other news which we believe may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive such information, you can write or email us, or unsubscribe via the newsletter.
- We store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes, for example, emailing you our newsletter. All the details you give to us relating to your booking will be kept. We will use names and email addresses for marketing purposes unless you have specifically told us that you no longer want to receive any. We have taken the necessary steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. You will appreciate that the transmission of information via the internet is never totally secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website. Turas cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this site will be free from viruses and does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus.
This site may contain links to other websites or resources. Turas does not accept any liability in connection with any such linked sites. All card payments made on our website are processed through Worldpay – please see the Worldpay privacy notice here: https://www.worldpay.com/uk/worldpay-privacy-notice
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. They can be persistent and remain valid until a set expiry date or session, expiring when the browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information we store about you may be linked to the information stored by and obtained from cookies.
What can I do?
Should you not agree to your use of the information as set out above, please inform us as soon as possible by writing to Scott Sutherland, Turas -the art of travel, Inchcape, Rogart, Sutherland, IV28 3UD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you might ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies there may be in your information. We aim to respond to you within 28 days from the date of request.
It is your choice not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we might not be able to finalise your arrangements.